Volunteer with Junior Achievement of Greater Kansas City | Various Opportunities
Junior Achievement’s mission is to inspire young people to succeed. Preparation involves our proven lessons that promote Financial Decision Making, Career Readiness and Entrepreneurship. Our local volunteers participate as role models who help positively impact young people’s perceptions about the importance of education and critical life skills.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Pathways Classroom Teaching (In-Person or Virtual)
- Traditional Method - Volunteers teach a classroom of students (in-person or virtual) Junior Achievement curriculum once per week (1hr) for 5 weeks. Junior Achievement provides all materials and training for a successful experience.
- JA in a day. Volunteers teach the same curriculum but in one day at the school. This is only an in-person option. Training and materials are also provided to volunteers.
- Volunteers may teach individually or in pairs.
Capstone Program – BizTown
- Volunteers come to our Youth Learning Lab for a day between 8am-3pm for 4-5 hours. They help students through a city simulation. Training occurs on the day before students arrive.
- Students come prepared to run “BizTown” for a day. They are assigned jobs in different “storefronts” where they work as well as spend time as consumers to see what it takes for a city/economy to work.
- Great for groups as we need as many as 30 volunteers each day.
Career Speakers/Career Fairs
- Volunteers speak about their careers and/or companies. Teaches students about careers and how to get there. These can be virtual, recorded or in-person. We are usually looking for specific job types to talk to classes. Most Speaker opportunities last from 30min – 1 hour.
To volunteer with Junior Achievement of Greater Kansas City, please contact: